Please respond to each of the questions below in as much detail as you wish. These are the basics we would ask in a preliminary personal interview, so time is saved by posing them in advance. They will tell us more about you and give us a better idea of how well you would fit into our team and family culture at OCS.
Click here to download questionnaire.
To submit, email to email@example.com. If you have not already done so, please attach also a current resume with previous employer contact information and personal references.
Please list your name, address, phone number, and email address.
1) Which position(s) are you applying for, or most interested in?
2) tell us a little about yourself…
3) What are you looking for? Better pay? A long-term home? An apprenticeship? A change in life style? A more challenging career? Investment potential? What else?
4) How would you describe your short-term and long-term plans?
5) Do you have personal or family ties in the Porterville community? Are you interested in residing long-term in this area?
6) Is your background Academic? Business? Military? Some combination of each? Other?
7) Imagine you’re the boss and are interviewing several applicants for the same job. What are you looking for? Please provide your own views regarding formal credentials, attitude, aptitude, ability to work and get along with others, and so on.
8) If you’re working elsewhere now or have worked elsewhere recently, why are you looking for a change? What have you liked or disliked in your previous positions or what would you have changed if you could?
9) Some people work well in a job environment but are less accustomed to dealing with the public. Since all positions at OCS require both, do you feel comfortable about interacting with customers?
10) Most positions at OCS place our staff in sensitive positions regarding confidential information. Shop technicians work on computers which store customers’ personal data, while other positions require that access must be granted to highly confidential information stored in secure databases. Our bonding insurance requires independent background checks for all positions – do you have any objection to this?
11) Some OCS positions require climbing and working at heights. Are you able to stand at the edge of a rooftop and look down comfortably? A tall building? What kind of physical condition are you in?
12) Do you have specific compensation requirements? Please indicate your most recent compensation.
Please add anything else you’d like to include, and thank you for your interest in employment with OCS.